3-Day Competition Mastery (Handgun or PCC)
April 12-14 2019
St. George, UT
18-19 April 2019
15-16 Aug 2019
Get Better with the Principles WINNERS Use
From USPSA to Steel Challenge and other types of matches, our students show up at or near the top in their divisions. If you want to dramatically improve your competitive performance, then it is time to take this course.
Unleash the Performer Within
This class focuses on helping you understand peak performance and how to access it on demand. You will be expected to work hard and you will be challenged to perform. Ultimately you will change both your beliefs and your self-image about what is possible and what you can do as a competitor.
This class is a great way for you to start off your competition season by getting everything tuned up. We will help get your skills dialed in so that you can spend the season winning.
Train on National Quality Stages
We train at the Southern Utah Practical Shooting Range, home of some of the largest and highest regarded matches in the world. This range has EVERYTHING and has national quality stages setup for our use constantly.
This course uses our proven Scientific Shooting System to combine the science of performance with the best shooting techniques in the world. It is 100% oriented to competitive shooting performance.
Beginner, intermediate and advanced competition shooters will realize immediate performance improvement as we show you how to use these principles in your training program.
Who is this course for?
- You want to be a much better shooter and performer in competition shooting events
- You want to learn how to practice effectively and efficiently
- You have reached a performance plateau and are STUCK at a certain classification level
- You feel you are capable of much better performance but you don't know how to get there.
- You want a system that is tailored to your unique mental and physical characteristics
- You want to get there as fast as possible and not take years to get there
- You want to feel confident in your skills and feel like you have the best training available
What We Teach
- The Fire Control Triangle - Grip, Platform and Trigger and how to stay in control when shooting at high speed.
- The Reactive Shooting Cycle and how to use it to analyze your shooting, grow your skills and reach your true potential as a shooter.
- Advanced visual concepts to speed up first shot target acquisition as well as processing shots during multiple shot sequences
- Advanced drawing and target acquisition - Learn to draw and shoot faster and better than you ever have before.
- Multiple target engagement - Learn how to engage multiple targets with accurate hits in absolutely minimum time.
- The most efficient way to transition from position to position
- Shooting on the move - forwards, backwards, sideways and up and down.
- Strong hand, weak hand shooting
- Barricades and difficult positions
- How to practice, what to practice, and how to set up a training program
- Using video to increase your performance
- Setting up guns and gear for high performance shooting
- Mental training skills and strategies for performance under pressure
- Analyzing stages, match strategy and designing a strategy that maximizes your strong points.
- Other topics of interest
Day 1: We burn in core skills on Day 1. Fire control and recoil management, trigger isolation, stance, grip, seeing what you need to see to hit targets earlier, the sub one - second draw and reload.
We test, tweak, modify. We shoot a lot. We go long in the day. You are motivated right? Note, we may move you to a concurrent Handgun Master class if we decide you will be better served there. The games are about shooting, if you can't do that, fix it!
Day 2: In the morning we work on shooting on the move, entering and leaving positions, fluid smooth momentum maintaining motion thru stages. We guarantee you will shave significant time off your movement, without feeling rushed, while still establishing what you need to get good hits. Then, in the afternoon, we break off into small squads to go play on the stages. Here we move into stage breakdown, mental preparation for a stage, and learning to execute 95% of your top performance on demand.
Day 3: See Day 2 only we work on what we learned. This is often station based, where we break up into different sections with similar needs. Our goal is that everybody get what they need to get better and not be held up (or not able to keep up) by the rest of the class.
Note: We may use video heavily. Be prepared to be seen and dissected by instructors and other students. None harsh, but all direct and to the point. We want you succeed and while we will be polite, we won't be shy giving you things to work on to reach your top performance.
Some experience as a competitive shooter. Completely new competitors should attend our Handgun Mastery course, which will prepare them to succeed both in competition and at this course. BTW: Experienced competitors should consider that as well, it helps everyone up to underperforming GM's.
- 1,500 rounds of ammunition
- All the usual equipment you bring to a match
- Notebook and pen